Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blog about Class One

Today was our first class.  There is a lot of information to process.  I rated myself a 7 out of 10 in terms of computer skills, however, I never created a blog before.  This should be a great learning experience for me.  I am studying to be an Early Childhood Educator and I feel that this class will be of importance since most children are exposed to iPods, iPhones and computers very early on.  It would be sad if a five year old has better technology skills than their teacher, so I am compelled to stay up-to-date on the latest technology.  I have ordered the textbook online and will update my blog with my response to the readings when it arrives.

Happy Blogging!

Helaina

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. As teachers we need to be upbeat with technology especially in this modern age where younf children are being exposed to it. It's a great way to get students' attention into wanting to learn and is a great tool to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally rated myself a five or six as far as computer skills go. I am a quick study but technology is not something that you sit in a classroom and learn. You can be introduced to programs, but if my computer bugs out on me I have no clue how to fix it. So I am not the biggest fan, but I do agree that it is important to keep up to date with it because our students will know it and I need to be able to use that to my best ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rated myself as a 7 but I think I was giving myself too much credit. I understand the usage of an iphone/mac/ipad, but then again, so does my 5 year old cousin. It is important to keep up with the technology so that we could continue to be the educators to the youth- and not the other way around. In addition, as soon as you begin to look at chapter 1 of the textbook, you will see how dependent younger generations truly are in technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also gave myself a 7 out of 10 but Im fearfully that I was wrong about my skills. I am also taking EDu 7666, another technology class, so between the two, Im very overwhelmed and Im beginning to think I dont know that much after all. I am excited and nervous to learn more!

    ReplyDelete