Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reflection on Class Five

I feel that class five was very important because we learned how to distinguish a "good" website from a "bad" one.  There are many websites that do not have credible sources, or ones that seem to be factual but are not.  I feel that information like this should be taught to children from a young age so that they do not believe misleading information.  I was also happy that we looked at the good vs bad websites as a class, as I found some resourceful websites that I may use in the future, such as kidsknowit.com.  It seems so simple to evaluate a website, using something we have all learned from an early age, Who? What? Where? When? and Why?. 

Two questions I have for our guest speaker are:

1) If K-12 education can be done online, how will children build their social skills?
2) If children get accustomed to being in front of the computer for school, social functions (facebook, chats) and homework, when will they gain real life experiences?

2 comments:

  1. I think the only way to build social skills is out in the real world. People act differently online and feel a lot more comfortable than when they are face to face

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kyle. People tend to act totally different online than in person. The computer gives people confidence that they wouldnt normally have. Its kind of scary to me.

    ReplyDelete