This week we learned about the ASSURE model. I was surprised to learn about such a method of teaching from a technology class rather than my curriculum classes. It is really helpful and the perfect way for me to create lesson plans and make sure they are effective. I look forward to putting the ASSURE model into practice when I get my own classroom.
I really enjoyed reading Chapter Five. There are some great resources in this chapter that I will use when I have my own classroom. I was especially happy to see Table 5.2 Internet Search Tools for Students because it is so hard to use web searches in classrooms because they are either restricted by the school or may have inappropriate content. The search engines listed there are age appropriate and great to use with students.
One topic that arose in the chapter is the issue of censorship. People read misinformation online and feel that it is real fact. There is also a lot of information that WAS right and was proven wrong. My question is Should there be an organization that patrols the internet taking down websites with false information? Many people feel this is censorship and violates their right to free speech.
Page 117 also brings up the question of Is reading website content considered actually reading? I am curious to see my classmates viewpoints to this question.
No comments:
Post a Comment